Brockmann Consult GmbH (BC) is hiring an
Earth Observation Expert in Ocean Colour (f/m)
to work in the area of Marine and inland water Earth Observation applications, algorithm development and validation
The purpose of this open position at Brockmann Consult GmbH (BC) is to complement our Ocean Colour team within our Geo-Information Services department. BC is seeking to appoint a senior scientist to strengthen our team working on marine and inland water Earth Observation (EO) applications. The successful candidate will undertake research in different international projects and will develop EO applications which will end up in our EO services.
BC is developing various applications for the analysis and exploitation of environmental remote sensing data. Our customers are national and international organisations, including, for example, the European Space Agency. We offer software solutions, services as well as processed satellite data and products.
Brockmann Consult GmbH offers an attractive job in a company which prides itself on its customer satisfaction and attaches great importance to having an enjoyable and positive working environment. The applicant’s openness, imagination, thirst for knowledge and pleasure working at the transition of science to operational services are of highest value to us.
The candidates should have
- an academic degree in Natural/Geosciences, Mathematics, Physics or similar;
- an excellent knowledge and experience in Ocean Colour EO and the related physical fundamentals;
- convincing experience in algorithm development and validation;
- experience in handling processing chains;
- good programming/scripting skills, with a good knowledge of at least Python;
- experience with the application and translation of information into products and services;
- good written and spoken German and English
Your motivation of working in a small and enthusiastic team is seen as being very important. You will work in close cooperation with national and international scientists and you should bring in very good communication skills.
Your place of work will be BC’s headquarters in the Geesthachter Innovations und Technologie Zentrum (GITZ) located on the grounds of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG) close to the City of Hamburg, Germany.
The position offered is permanent.
Please send your application to email@example.com until latest 15 August 2016.
Brockmann Consult GmbH